|Elegant Ladies Taking Tea - Delphin Enjolras|
I have heard, although I have not confirmed the rumor, that my fellow Americans may be electing a president this year.
If only that statement were true! In fact, I cannot listen to any of my favorite radio shows without them nattering on about the two New Yorkers running for president. As November draws closer, opinions will become more entrenched, and "The Wave" versus "Madame Pantsuit" will polarize an already touchy citizenry.
We fascinating ladies can hardly help being affected by it all, but we can maintain feminine dignity and refinement during election season by taking the following actions:
- Remembering that many people feel frustrated over the changes made in the past few years, so tempers are likely to be short.
- Praying for God's will to be done and for all the people involved in the election.
- Saying "I respect your opinion" even if we cannot share the person's opinion. Sometimes this simple statement will diffuse an angry situation.
- Following the righteous leading of Mr. Husband, if we are married ladies, or Mr. Father, if we are single ladies.
- Refraining from making disrespectful remarks or gestures about any of the candidates.
- Voicing our opinions in a soft, feminine way only when we are asked.
- Delighting even more than usual in our four feminine roles and taking comfort and contentment in the fact that we can make our homes havens no matter what is going on in the world.