02 June 2017

Femininity Friday: When Mr. Husband Doesn't Like Makeup

Courtesy of Microsoft
Hello, Ladies!

Are you all feeling well, doing good, and sharing your joie de vivre with others?  I hope so!

Earlier this week, I mentored a student who mentioned that her husband did not like makeup.  In this attitude, the student's husband resembles most men.  Most men prefer a "natural look," but most women, particularly those with skin conditions or those over the age of thirty or so, need a bit of cosmetic assistance.  What's a girl to do?

Learning your color season and choosing flattering colors will help to avoid the look of heavy makeup as will choosing a foundation base that matches your skin and is a proper formulation for your skin.  Another important factor is changing your makeup techniques as your face changes and as styles change.  A woman with a feminine persona need not follow fashion slavishly, but she should update her look as needed.

One relatively new makeup technique is called the "no makeup" makeup, consisting of a matching (if any) foundation, mascara, neutral (if any) eyeshadow, light (if any) blush, and a neutral lip.  I am including a few tutorials from YouTube that are overtly labeled "no makeup" makeup as well as one that meets my definition of the term.  I chose tutorials featuring women with a variety of coloring, but per force, most of the women who upload makeup tutorials are on the young side.  We seasoned "fascinators" can learn from the young!

I hope that my little "woman-to-woman" ideas have helped.

Agape always,
Cynthia

PS: The tutorials may include ads, but I do not profit from them.  Enjoy!
















2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi Cynthia,
I relate to a similar issues, my husband does not like polish on my fingers or toes, not even a French tip. So I simply do clear on my fingers and toes.
However, I did a pretty light pink shade (very natural) on my toes before my sister's wedding and he did not comment on it.
Margaret

Cynthia Berenger said...

Dear Margaret,

How interesting! I wonder what (if anything) your husband might associate with fingernail polish. I wondered because I worked in a restaurant once and the owner did not want anyone wearing fingernail polish because he thought it was dirty.

I appreciate receiving your comment. Thank you!

Agape always,
Cynthia